July 13th, 1917
On July 13, more than 2,000 people went to Cova da Iria. The people present noticed a little grayish cloud over the oak; also noticed that the sun darkened and a cool wind blew, relieving the heat of that summer boom. Again it was Lucia who initiated the conversation:
– What does Your Grace want from me?
– I want you to come here on the 13th of next month, to continue to pray the Rosary every day, in honor of Our Lady of the Rosary, to obtain the peace of the world and the end of the war, because only She can help them.
– I’d like to ask you to tell us who you are; and to perform a miracle with which all will believe that Your Grace appears to us.
– Keep coming here, every month. In October I will say Who I am, what I want, and I will do a miracle for all of them to believe.
Lucia then made some requests for graces and cures. Our Lady replied that they should pray the Rosary to obtain graces during the year. Then she went on:
– Sacrifice yourselves for sinners, and say many times, especially when you make some sacrifice: O Jesus, it is for your love, for the conversion of sinners, and reparation for the sins committed against the Immaculate Heart of Mary.
The Vision of Hell
Then came a vision of hell, described, years later, by Sister Lucía. This vision constitutes the first part of the Secret of Fatima, revealed only in 1941, as well as the second part to follow:
After the terrible vision of hell, the three shepherds raised their eyes to the Virgin, as asking for help, and she, with kindness and sadness, continued:
– You saw hell, where the souls of the poor sinners go. To save them, God wants to establish in the world devotion to my Immaculate Heart. If you do what I tell you, many souls will be saved and they will have peace. The war will be over. But if they do not stop offending God, in the Pontificate of Pius XI will begin another war even worse. When you see a night illuminated by an unknown light, know that it is the great sign that God gives you, that he will punish the world for all its crimes, by means of war, famine and persecutions of the Church and the Holy Father. To prevent this, I will come to ask for the consecration of Russia to my Immaculate Heart and the restorative communion on the first Saturdays. If my requests are fulfilled, Russia will be converted and there will be peace; if not, it will spread its errors throughout the world, promoting wars and persecutions to the Church. The good will be martyred, the Holy Father will have much to suffer, several nations will be annihilated. At last, my Immaculate Heart will triumph! The Holy Father will consecrate Russia to me, and it will be converted, and it will be granted to the world some time of peace. In Portugal, the dogma of Faith will always be preserved; etc…
Third Part of the Secret
Below is the third part of the Secret of Fatima, revealed on May 13th, 2000.
– Do not tell this anyone. You can tell this to Francisco.
After a pause she continued:
– When you pray the rosary, say after each mystery: O my Jesus, forgive us, deliver us from the fire of hell, take all souls to heaven, especially those who need it most.
– Your Grace does not want me for anything else?
– No, I do not want you for anything else today.
She began to rise majestically toward the east as previous times, until she completely disappeared.